IPP>MOD Specifiying locale for a response

Roger K Debry rdebry at us.ibm.com
Tue Mar 18 14:55:44 EST 1997

Classification:
Prologue:
Epilogue: Roger K deBry
Senior Techncial Staff Member
Architecture and Technology
IBM Printing Systems
email: rdebry at us.ibm.com
phone: 1-303-924-4080

I know there have been some discussions on this but don't recall if there was
any resolution.  I was in Chelmsford MA on monday and spent an hour with Bob
Sproull from Sun who actually passed along this suggestion.  When some
suggested that we need some mechanism for the client to specify what language
the response should be returned in. Has that been discussed?  For example,
Printer location is a text string provided y an administrator. If users can
speak one of several languages, can the user say "send me the printer location
in language x"?