IPP> PRO - Suggested text for form-data

Robert Herriot Robert.Herriot at Eng.Sun.COM
Wed Mar 19 22:24:39 EST 1997

I have a few questions about form-data.

Am I correct in assuming that if a form does not have
<FORM ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data", the data is send as a string
of several 'name=value', e.g. "foo=xxx&bar=yyy"?

When form-data is sent, what parts of the form are encoded in the
field data?  From examples in rfc1867, it appears to me that the
name of the field is encoded in the content-disposition field and that
the value is in the entity body. Am I right?  Are any other parts of
a form field returned with form-data?

The examples given in the protocol meeting implied that a selection
list would return the "name" of the value rather than the actual
string displayed to the user.

The examples in rfc1867 help, but they don't cover many types of fields.

Can you provide more examples or tell me how other types of fields
are handled?

Thanks.

Bob Herriot