IPP> MOD - Suggestion: add RequiredResources call to Windows

IPP> MOD - Suggestion: add RequiredResources call to Windows

Babak Jahromi babakj at MICROSOFT.com
Thu Apr 3 14:46:19 EST 1997

Tom,

Could you elaborate more on what kind of data the printer driver
(running on the client machine) would report to GDI via such new call?
What I am not clear is whether IPP is attempting to define a new printer
data format?

Today, either the raw data (PS, PCL, etc.) is produced by the resident
driver and then sent across the wire, or a Windows Meta file is created,
and shipped across. Now if the driver wanted to embed IPP-centric
network-based resources in the data stream that is sent over the wire,
we would need to define a new IPP printer data language. Is this being
done??

Babak