IPP> Press Release - Quote

Robert Herriot Robert.Herriot at Eng.Sun.COM
Fri Apr 18 15:59:12 EDT 1997

I agree with Bill Wagner that there may be confusion about which
fax protocol the quote references.  Perhaps, we could get a revised quote
(first clause changed) that says something like:

 "Printing lacks a standard industry-wide protocol.
 It is critical that key industry players
 implement a standard protocol for submitting documents
 over the Internet to remote printers. With active
 participation by major printer, browser, and networking
 companies, the IPP Working Group is on a fast track to
 provide such a solution."