IPP> MOD - Status codes

Robert Herriot Robert.Herriot at Eng.Sun.COM
Fri Apr 25 20:21:24 EDT 1997

> From Keith_Carter at aussmtp.austin.ibm.com Fri Apr 25 10:53:38 1997
>   Tom,
>   (4) I think we need to make them type 2 keywords, correct?
>
>   KC>> Yes, we need to make status codes type 2 keywords.  I'll change
>   KC>> "extension-code = 3DIGIT" to "extension-code = type 2 keyword".

If we accept the value syntax in my protocol document, keywords must start with
an ALPHA so that they are distinguishable from integer. So the extension-code
should not be a type 2 keyword, though it may be a type 2 integer.

>   (8) ISSUE:
>   Since multiple documents isn't indicated by an attribute, but rather
>   by the content that is sent, we need a distinct error code:
>
>     multiple-documents-not-supported

There is another way around this problem.  If we believe that jobs are
always encoded in MIME, then the attribute formats-supported contains
values, such as application/postscript and application/vnd.hp-PCL.  If
the formats-supported attribute also contains a value of
multipart/mixed, then the Printer accepts multiple documents.