Larry Masinter masinter at parc.xerox.com
Tue May 13 00:46:32 EDT 1997

> To see a
> proposal for a different (but similar) standard smacks
> of Microsoft and HP just doing their own thing and expecting
> the rest of us to accept it as a standard.

I believe we will be best served if we accept the proposal
as if it had been submitted in good faith, no matter
what you might believe about the intentions of the submitters.

Personally, I see sending us a copy for review and discussion
as significantly different than "doing their own thing and
expecting the rest of us to accept it as a standard", as has
been done, e.g., with the so-called "Internet Imaging Protocol."