IPP> MOD - IPP Versioning

Robert Herriot Robert.Herriot at Eng.Sun.COM
Thu May 22 18:13:20 EDT 1997

> From masinter at parc.xerox.com Wed May 21 22:53:38 1997
>
> The HTTP/1.1 versioning language is a very poor model to
> follow. It's been so troublesome that we had to issue
> a separate Internet Draft (now to become an RFC) to clarify
> the issue of use of version numbers between multiple
> version clients and servers.
>
> Given this history, I don't recommend using it in IPP.

Are you suggesting that not include a version number in the protocol?

Please say more about what the problem is.

We currently have the problem in lpr that there is no version number
and that has made extensions more difficult.

Bob Herriot