Harry Lewis harryl at us.ibm.com
Tue May 27 14:14:12 EDT 1997

Even printers that don't spool or queue will typically "buffer" some number of
pages. Given the possibility of single page jobs... then some jobs can be
pending. I guess we should ask ourselves what it means to have a "mandatory"
state. Just because a state is Mandatory does not mean an implementation must
"force" jobs to enter that state. If that were so... I'd REALLY be in favor of
eliminating the NeedsAttention state! ;->

Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems

------- Forwarded by Harry Lewis/Boulder/IBM on 05/27/97 11:59 AM ------

        jmp-owner at pwg.org
        05/27/97 11:51 AM