IPP>MOD - Too Many IPP Operations?

Harry Lewis harryl at us.ibm.com
Wed May 28 16:57:52 EDT 1997

I'm wondering what happened to Paul Moore's proposal to use a job attribute
rather than SendDocument to link the multiple documents in a job. I remember
the idea, discussed in SanDiego, of a job being submitted with a attribute
which indicated it was the start of a "multi-document" job and the IPP server
returning a specific URL to which all documents of this job should be submitted
(as separate jobs using a single post for each).  I thought this was the start
of a good proposal to get around what appears to be one of the main limitations
of "Simple Web Printing" which was lack of multi-doc support.

Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems

--------- Forwarded by Harry Lewis/Boulder/IBM on 05/28/97 02:44 PM ---------

        ipp-owner at pwg.org
        05/28/97 01:22 PM