JMP> Re: IPP> MOD JobState suggestion

Robert Herriot Robert.Herriot at Eng.Sun.COM
Mon Jun 2 18:23:22 EDT 1997

In one sense we have just renamed some states: held to pending-stopped
and needs-attention to processing-stopped.  But the renaming regularizes
the names to give the impression that there are 3 high level states
of pending, processing and completed and 4 additional variant of those
states.  These regularized states allow us to have other attributes
that draw from these names, e.g. time-since-pending time-since-processing
and time-since-completed. It also allows the addition of other states,
such as completed-with-errors.

Bob Herriot