JMP> Re: IPP> MOD JobState suggestion

Tom Hastings hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Thu Jun 5 19:52:37 EDT 1997

Sounds simpler.  So how is this for JMP:

JmJobStateTC ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
STATUS      current
DESCRIPTION
"The current state of the job (pending, processing, completed, etc.).

The following figure shows the normal job state transitions:

                                                    +--> canceled(7)
                                                   /
    +---> pending(3) --------> processing(5) -----+----> completed(9)
    |        ^                      ^              \
--->+        |                      |               +--> aborted(8)
    |        v                      v              /
    +---> pendingHeld(4)   processingStopped(6) --+

                Figure 4 - Normal Job State Transitions

Normally a job progresses only from left to right.  Other state transitions
are unlikely, but are not forbidden.  The canceled state can be entered from
the pending, pendingHeld, processing, or processingStopped states."

-- This is a type 2 enumeration.  See Section 7.1 on page 25.
SYNTAX      INTEGER {
other(1),