IPP> create job IPP operation

Scott Isaacson SISAACSON at novell.com
Wed Jun 18 03:43:30 EDT 1997

In the Model document, there is language about a "zero length document" in a

Send-Document operation that is the "flag".  I suppose we do need a flag
since you might know the document you are sending is the last document and
it would not be efficient to require another empty Send-Document.  But we
must
allow for an empty Send-Document for the case that Bob points out where
the client does not know it is the end until there are no more documents.

Scott

>>> Robert Herriot <Robert.Herriot at Eng.Sun.COM> 06/12/97 07:54PM >>>
Option 1 (flag for last document) is the best and only reasonable solution.

Option 3 (end job operation) can be accomplished with Option 1 by
allowing a document of length zero and the last flag on for clients
that cannot figure out they are done when they send the last document.

Bob Herriot