JK Martin jkm at underscore.com
Fri Jun 20 14:43:34 EDT 1997

Tom,

> Yes, a user can get back a list of jobs by getting an HTML page back,
> but a program can't process HTML.

I can see you've missed my point entirely.  (Sigh)

A strong contingent within the IPP group (namely, Microsoft, HP, Lexmark
and others) have long claimed that IPP should be maximally used with
browser-based techniques, and not native platform GUI applications.

In other words, those folks don't want to focus the use of IPP with
native GUI apps, but rather leverage HTML and web pages pointing to
Internet-capable "printers".

I don't really wish to dwell on this issue, Tom.  If you still don't
understand what I mean, then let's discuss it offline.

> By the way, having two protocols (IPP and SNMP Job Monitoring MIB) that
> get at the same information is not as harmful as you seem to suggest.

Harmful???  Again, you miss the point.  'Nuff said.

	...jay