Carl-Uno Manros carl at manros.com
Sun Jul 13 13:06:02 EDT 1997

At 03:17 AM 7/12/97 PDT, Tom wrote:
>Scott,
>
>I edited with revisions ipp-model-970623-rev.doc (after accepting revisions)
>
>and put back in:
>ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_MOD/
>-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg       311296 Jul 12 10:09 ipp-model-970623-th.doc
>
>I've included the new enum data type and the enums values for the
>five attributes that we agreed to be enums instead of keywords
>and which aligns with the Job Monitoring MIB:
>
>  "finishings"
>  "print-quality"
>  "printer-resolution"
>  "job-state"
>  "document-format"
>
>I also copied in the "job-state" and "job-state-reasons" that we agreed
>to jointly between the JMP and IPP.
>
>NOTE: that going back to Printer MIB document-format enums means that
>PDF needs to get registered.  Would be nice to include PDF in the
>Printer MIB textual-conventions that is due this week.
>
>Tom

Tom,

are we sure that we know what we are doing here? The recommended solution from
Nashua to use "enums" where they were already defined in other standards sounded
good at the time, but does the Job Monitoring MIB really fall into that category
 - YET?

I do not want the progression of IPP to be dependent and possibly delayed by the
Job Monitoring MIB project.  Are we convincened that the Job Monitoring work
will
proceed with at least the same speeed as IPP?

Carl-Uno