IPP> MOD - Use of "enums"

Stan McConnell stanmcc at cp10.es.xerox.com
Mon Jul 14 14:32:01 EDT 1997

I question whether the enum data type is the best choice for
"printer-resolution".  It would seem better to leave these values as
keywords, since that would make it easier to manage, debug, and introduce
new values promptly.  There doesn't appear to be a localization issue here.

The only issue I see would be the case where inches must be converted to
mm, e.g., for fax purposes; but the situation here is the same whether the
"printer-resolution" datatype is an enum or a keyword.

Stan . . .

At 10:06 AM 7/13/97 PDT, Carl-Uno Manros wrote:
>At 03:17 AM 7/12/97 PDT, Tom wrote:
>>Scott,
>>
>>I edited with revisions ipp-model-970623-rev.doc (after accepting revisions)
>>
>>and put back in:
>>ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_MOD/
>>-rw-r--r--   1 pwg      pwg       311296 Jul 12 10:09
ipp-model-970623-th.doc