IPP> Review of Model Document - unsupported job template

IPP> Review of Model Document - unsupported job template

Robert Herriot Robert.Herriot at Eng.Sun.COM
Fri Jul 18 17:50:18 EDT 1997

  _________________________________
                            ______________

> <RKD> So how do you know it is the value that is unsupported?

Perhaps, I wasn't sufficiently clear.  The 'unsupported attributes'
output parameter contains a list of rejected attributes.  The printer
takes attributes with unsupported values and  puts them into the
response with no change.  The printer takes attributes that are not
supported and puts them into the response with their value set to
"unsupported" which in the protocol is an "out-of-band" value that
works for any type. A printer may put all such attributes in the
response, or only some of them.  In other words, a Printer can
accumulate all unsupported attributes before it rejects the job or it
can reject the job immediately after it finds the first bad attribute.