IPP>MOD - Job-URI vs. JOb-ID

Roger K Debry rdebry at us.ibm.com
Fri Aug 15 13:01:51 EDT 1997

issue of Job-URI vs. Job-ID has been thrown up in the air again.  We
spent a considerable amount of time working on an implementation
of the job-URI, but were willing to change based on the agreement
made in the Redmond PWG meeting.  However, the longer this particular
issue continues to go unresolved, the harder it will be to change our
design, as this is quite a fundamental part of our object model.  We can
adapt to changes but not if they continue to drag on. Let's get this one
resolved once and for all or we may end up with multiple solutions being
implemented!

Roger K deBry
Senior Technical Staff Member
Architecture and Technology