IPP> Re: SEC - IPP Security Requirements

Harald.T.Alvestrand at uninett.no Harald.T.Alvestrand at uninett.no
Thu Sep 4 14:26:28 EDT 1997

Keith is doing fine.....

two things:

1) IPP has to ANALYZE risks of using IPP on the open Internet (NOT behind
   firewalls or in "spammable" environments)

   IPP must then DEFINE how a reasonable number of these risks can be defended
   against using security mechanisms, and REQUIRE that valid IPP
implementations
   implement at least a minimum set of these

   The USER of an IPP device can then decide to use or not to use those
   security mechanisms.

2) I'd like you to tell me which security lists are discussing SASL; it
   seems that the list set up to discuss SASL is either totally dead or
   I've fallen off it. We need to know!

Thanks for your help!

                     Harald A