Jim Walker walker at dazel.com
Tue Sep 9 16:56:41 EDT 1997

> Can you give a few details? Do you maintain a mapping table? If so,
> what triggers the removal of entries? Or do you use an extended attribute
> in the print job to hold the mapping?

Uhhh...  I believe that I will leave it as an exercise for the user.
Let's just say that there is a variety of ways that one might do it;
certainly either of the solutions that you hint to above might work.
I could even imagine one or two more.

I do not mean to be too mysterious, but it seems sufficient to me
that there are implementations in the field today that solve a
similar problem.

later...
...walker

--