IPP> ADM - Minutes from PWG IPP Phone Conference on 970924

IPP> ADM - Minutes from PWG IPP Phone Conference on 970924

Robert Herriot Robert.Herriot at Eng.Sun.COM
Fri Sep 26 17:25:43 EDT 1997

> From hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com Fri Sep 26 14:21:05 1997
>

> On the other hand, what was wrong with mandating the client supplying
> the "job-name" which the client could get from the first document?

We have said that we want a client to be able to send document-data only.
If we mandate job-name, we violate that requirement.  If job-name
is optional, it has a default, and we should use the same defaulting
rules that other print systems have.