Tom Hastings hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Tue Oct 21 13:20:54 EDT 1997

Larry,

Building on your idea...

How about making your first part (vendor proprietary) be a mail attachment
in whatever media type the vendor wants or defines?

Make your second part be the text/plain body of the mail message
and be human readable in any format (hopefully in the language of the
user, but in a charset that the transport system can handle).

When the PWG agrees (soon after IPP V1.0) to a media type for notification
purposes, the Printer vendor can include that as an attachment as well.

If he had a proprietary media type, he can attach both as separate
attachments,
correct?

Then we have a good migration path as you urge, correct?

Tom