Rick Yardumian rick at cp10.es.xerox.com
Thu Oct 30 16:40:43 EST 1997

The latest model spec states that the attributes "attributes-charset" and "attributes-natural-language" are MANDATORY. Does this mean that they must be sent by the client even when the client does not send any text and/or name type attributes?  Up until now, none of the IPP request operations had required attributes.  I don't have an opinion one way or the other but I was assuming that some companies were pushing for no mandatory attributes on requests.

Rick
Rick Yardumian
Xerox Corporation				Voice: (310) 333-8303 / 8*823-8303
Corporate Research & Technology	Fax: (310) 333-6342 / 8*823-6342
701 S. Aviation Blvd, ESAE-242	Email: rick at cp10.es.xerox.com
El Segundo, CA 90245