Yuji Sasaki sasaki at jci.co.jp
Tue Nov 4 13:08:21 EST 1997

Thanks,

>Formally, we can allow any character set allowed by the whole ISO 10646
>standard over the IPP protocol, not only the UNICODE subset. Does that
>solve your problem? My expectation though, is that nobody will actually
>support the full ISO 10646 in a workstation. If the USA and Europe supports
>Unicode, is there another subset that you would implement in Japanese or
>Chinese language workstations?

 I checked out the IPP model document, then realized that "attributes-
charset" is not limited only to use UTF-8, but "SHALL" support it.
 I also found a syntax error at Line 1154 in draft-ietf-ipp-model-06.txt
(raw text version), "attributescharset" should be "attributes-charset" .

--------
Yuji Sasaki
E-Mail:sasaki at jci.co.jp