Carl-Uno Manros cmanros at cp10.es.xerox.com
Fri Nov 14 14:10:52 EST 1997

OOPs,

Slight mistake in the previous announcement. The correct version for final
call is draft -01 not -00. It seems that only one person found out so far
that the -00 document had been revomed from the IETF server. Does anybody
request that we restart the Last Call period due to this? Otherwise I
assume that we will still keep the Last Call deadline on November 19th as
before.

The corrected information appears below

Carl-Uno

>       Title     : Mapping between LPD and IPP Protocols
>       Author(s) : T. Hasting, R. Herriot, N. Jacobs, J. Martin
>       Filename  : draft-ietf-ipp-lpd-ipp-map-00.txt
>       Pages     : 21
>       Date      : 07/30/1997
>
>This Internet-Draft specifies the mapping between (1) the commands and
>operands of the "Line Printer Daemon (LPD) Protocol" specified in RFC 1179
>and (2) the operations and parameters of the Internet Printing Protocol
>(IPP).  One of the purposes of this document is to compare the
>functionality of the two protocols.  Another purpose is to facilitate
>implementation of gateways between LPD and IPP.
>
>WARNING:  RFC 1179 was not on standards track.  While RFC 1179 was intended
>to record existing practice, in some areas it fell short.  However, this
>specification maps between (1) the actual current practice of RFC 1179 and
>(2) IPP.  This document does not attempt to map the numerous divergent
>extensions to the LPD protocol that have been made by many implementors.
>
>----
>
>For retrieval:
>
>Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login wih the username
>"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
>type "cd internet-drafts" and then
>     "get draft-ietf-ipp-lpd-ipp-map-01.txt".
>A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
>ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-lpd-ipp-map-01.txt

---

Carl-Uno Manros
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: manros at cp10.es.xerox.com