Zehler,Peter pzehler at channels.mc.xerox.com
Mon Nov 17 14:21:19 EST 1997

Keith,
The main reason for a separate mailing list for the developers was to
keep the main list free of tedious details.  The implementers mailing
list was intended to be a forum for very detailed discussions of
implementation specific aspects of IPP clients/servers.  This list would
also be where individuals would post invitations to engage in pairwise
testing across the internet.
An additional side benefit of a separate list is it identifies the
subset of individuals in IPP that have some type of interest in IPP
prototyping.  Previous request for interested individuals to step
forward have not been as fruitful as establishing a mailing list.
One of my responsibilities as whip of the IPP TES subgroup is to
identify and track any issues identified during pairwise internet
testing.  Any issues would be posted to the general IPP list.   The
issues would also be forwarded to the appropriate whip.  I would
continue to monitor the issue to its resolution.
If you feel this activity should be handled on the main list I have no
objection.  I will bring this matter up at the weekly phone conference.
This email is intended to get feedback from the IPP community at large.
Pete
__________________________________
Email:   pzehler at channels.mc.xerox.com
US Mail: Peter Zehler