Carl-Uno Manros manros at cp10.es.xerox.com
Wed Jul 1 22:59:03 EDT 1998

Keith,

The IPP WG has been quite busy trying to resolve all your comments on the
IPP drafts.

The full set of IPP documents now includes:

- Design Goals for an Internet Printing Protocol [IPP-REQ] (informational)
- Rationale for the Structure and Model and Protocol for the Internet
     Printing Protocol [IPP-RAT] (informational)
- Internet Printing Protocol/1.0: Model and Semantics [IPP MOD]
- Internet Printing Protocol/1.0: Encoding and Transport [IPP-PRO]
- Mapping between LPD and IPP Protocols [IPP LPD] (informational)

Please note that we changed the names on two of the documents

- We changed the name of the Requirements document to:
  "Design Goals for an Internet Printing Protocol"

- We changed the name of the Protocol document to:
  "Internet Printing Protocol/1.0: Encoding and Transport"

The latter change had been suggested in the WG, as it better reflects
the actual content of that document.

The editors have also taken the opportunity to fix a number of minor
inconsistencies and have added a few clarifications in response to
comments back from implementors, since the earlier drafts were published
in January 1998. We do not think that any of these minor changes will
require further review from your side.

The WG Response to your comments as well as updated I-Ds for all 5
documents can now be found at:

	ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/Internet-Drafts/

I will also send the new I-Ds to the IETF secretariat, so the TXT versions
should be available there too, problably after the holidays.

We now have complete WG consensus for these revised IPP drafts.

I hope that you are also satisfied with the resolutions to your comments.

Carl-Uno Manros
IETF IPP WG Chair

Carl-Uno Manros
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: manros at cp10.es.xerox.com