IPP> regarding "ipp:" (I spoke too soon...)

Paul Moore paulmo at microsoft.com
Thu Jul 2 13:53:32 EDT 1998

My fundamental objection is that we are being asked to use a new concept
'psuedo-schemes' without this idea being drilled into at all. There should
at least be an I-Draft discussing the idea.

Secondly there were many details that needed to be clarified. Was this
simply a client convenience or did 'ipp:' ever go over the wire being the
deepest one. The general idea seems to be that it is a user convenience
thing. In this case it is a client implementation issue and has nothing to
do with the wire protocol (which is what this discussion is about) and so
should not be accepted. If its meant to appear on the wire then this raises
a whole bunch of issues that we havent even thought about - and the only
benefit is to make the url slightly more user friendly.