IPP> Question about Job Template Attributes

Rajesh Chawla rchawla at adn.alcatel.com
Tue Jul 21 09:00:21 EDT 1998

Hi folks,

In the Job Template Attributes there are attributes
that can be a type3 keyword or a name (job-hold-until,
job-sheets, and media).  As I read the spec, these
attributes are usually type3 keywords but can optionally
be changed at the printer to a name type.  Is this
correct or did I miss something in the spec?

My question is how does an IPP client know which
type to send?  If the wrong type is sent, what should
the expected reply be?

Regards,
Rajesh