Harry Lewis harryl at us.ibm.com
Thu Feb 12 10:39:26 EST 1998

I agree with this point...

>The main point I am trying to make... is that the IPP server should no=
>have to localize notification messages. Localization should be done on=

>the client side.

Which invoked the question...

>Can you elaborate a little on the exact method for how a client would
>apply localization to a server-generated message?

This is accomplished by defining a (limited) set of notification messag=
es
 which, even in some encoded form, may be distinguished (and translated=
)
 by an application. If someone thinks there is a need to "ramble on"
inside a print job notification, please identify and give an example.

Harry Lewis
=