IPP> SEC - draft-ietf-grip-isp-03.txt

Carl-Uno Manros cmanros at cp10.es.xerox.com
Tue Feb 17 13:34:35 EST 1998

FYI,

This document contains a lot of useful information about how to
implement security in general.

Carl-Uno

---

>To: IETF-Announce:;
>Cc: grip-wg at uu.net
>From: Internet-Drafts at ns.ietf.org
>Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-grip-isp-03.txt
>Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 04:05:13 PST
>Sender: scoya at cnri.reston.va.us
>
>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
>This draft is a work item of the G and R for Security Incident Processing
Working Group of the IETF.

>	Title		: Security Expectations for Internet Service Providers
>	Author(s)	: T. Killalea
>	Filename	: draft-ietf-grip-isp-03.txt
>	Pages		: 30
>	Date		: 16-Feb-98
>
>The purpose of this document is to express the general Internet
community's expectations of Internet Service Providers (ISPs) with
respect to security.

>It is not the intent of this document to define a set of requirements that
would be appropriate for all ISPs, but rather to raise awareness among ISPs
of the community's expectations, and to provide the community with a
framework for discussion of security expectations with current and
prospective service providers.

>Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
>"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
>type "cd internet-drafts" and then
>	"get draft-ietf-grip-isp-03.txt".
>A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
>ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-grip-isp-03.txt
>
>Internet-Drafts directories are located at:
>
>	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
>
>	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
>		ftp.nis.garr.it
>
>	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
>
>	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
>
>	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu
>
>Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.
>
>Send a message to:	mailserv at ds.internic.net.  In the body type:
>	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-grip-isp-03.txt".
>
>NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
>	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
>	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
>	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
>	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
>	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
>	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
>	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
>	how to manipulate these messages.
>

>Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
>implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
>Internet-Draft.
>
><ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-grip-isp-03.txt>

Carl-Uno Manros
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: manros at cp10.es.xerox.com