Scott Isaacson SISAACSON at novell.com
Wed Feb 25 19:26:25 EST 1998

Carl-Uno,

I thought that I had two more agenda items:

- Review the list of "typos" and "minor technical clarifications" that =
need to be made to the Model document

- Review the "other" nofitication efforts (Java Event serivces, CORBA,  =
the Open Group)

Also, if the group is interested I could give a short presentation on the =
event/notification mechanism for NDPS.

Scott

Scott A. Isaacson
Corporate Architect
Novell Inc., M/S PRV-C-121=20
122 E 1700 S, Provo, UT 84606
voice: (801) 861-7366, (800) 453-1267 x17366
fax: (801) 861-2517
email: sisaacson at novell.com
web: http://www.novell.com

>>> Carl-Uno Manros <cmanros at cp10.es.xerox.com> 02/25 4:12 PM >>>
The next IPP meeting is soon upon us and as usual we have been polishing =
on
the Agenda for the meeting, last time in today's phone conference.

Here is the result:

PWG IPP Meeting in Austin - Agenda
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Wednesday, March 3rd - Starting at 1 pm
---------------------------------------

Discuss overall printing scenarios and role of host-to-device protocol

- Scenario and architecture figures for discussion, Roger deBry and Tom
Hastings.
- TIPSI presentation, Don Wright.
- CPAP presentation, Jay Martin.

General discussion about the need for a separate host-to-device protocol
and whether any of the existing solutions are sufficient, or could be used
after proper extensions.

Thursday, March 4th - Starting at 8:30 am

IPP Notifications

- Discuss content of Requirements document produced by Roger deBry.
- Presentation of FAX solution using DSNs and MDNs, Randy Turner.
- Presentation of SNMPv3 approach, Randy Turner.

Discuss pros and cons of current approaches vs. a new protocol.

Directory Mappings for IPP attributes

- How an LDAP mapping could be made, Scott Isaacson.
- How an SLP mapping could be made, Scott Isaacson.

Discuss approach on how to get proper mappings of IPP attributes into LDAP
and SLP.

Thursday, March 4 - Starting at 1 pm
------------------------------------

Discuss any further IPP extensions that we want to start working on.

Review status of the inter-operability testing activities.

- Present and discuss proposed plan, Peter Zehler

Last minute preparations for the IETF IPP meeting in Los Angeles.

NOTE 1: For those not in the phone cnference. We have got word back from
Keith Moore that the IESG will not have made a decision about the IPP
drafts ij time for our Austin meeting.

NOTE 2: Do not forget about the separate meeting on Universal Print Driver
on Tuesday evening!

Looking forward to see you in Austin,

Carl-Uno

Carl-Uno Manros
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: manros at cp10.es.xerox.com