Carl Kugler kugler at us.ibm.com
Tue Mar 3 18:42:44 EST 1998

Section 15.3.4.3, "Validate the presence of a single occurrence of requ=
ired
Operation attributes", shows Job Template attributes as (M*) for Print-=
Job,
Validate-Job, Create-Job, and Print-URI requests.  (M*) indicates MANDA=
TORY
attributes that an IPP object MUST support, but that a client may omit =
in a
request or an IPP object may omit in a response.  The reader is referre=
d to
Section 4.2, where it says "Support for Job Template attributes by a Pr=
inter ob
ject is OPTIONAL" and refers the reader to 12.2.3, to read "Even though=
 support
for Job Template attributes by a Printer object is OPTIONAL, it is RECO=
MMENDED
that if the device behind a Printer object is capable of realizing any =
feature
or function that corresponds to an IPP attribute and some associated va=
lue, th
en that implementation SHOULD support that IPP attribute and value."
Is there a contradiction between 15.3.4.3 and (4.2 or 12.2.3), or am I =
missing
something?
=