Carl-Uno Manros cmanros at cp10.es.xerox.com
Mon Mar 16 13:50:00 EST 1998

PWG IPP Phone Conference Agenda for 980318

I would like to spend this week's phone conference to go over some of the
new drafts from other working groups, which may impact the implementation
of IPP.
We should decide if we need to comment on some of these drafts in the IETF
LA meeting.

The relevant drafts are:

- Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1
	ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-http-v11-spec-rev-03.txt

This is an update of RFC 2068 and reflects some implementation experience
and bug fixes to HTT 1.1.

- Mandatory Extensions in HTTP
	ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-http-ext-mandatory-00.txt

This seems to define a few proposed extensions to RFC 2068.

- HTTP Authentication: Basic and Digest Access Authentication
	ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-http-authentication-01.txt

This is an update of RFC 2069 and states that Basic Authentication can only
be used in combination with an underlying secure transfer protocol.

- HTTP Over TLS
	ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tls-https-01.txt

This is the TLS profile for HTTP 1.1. Can we apply this for IPP as is?

- Media Features for Display, Print, and Fax
	ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-conneg-media-features-00.txt

This is from the newly formed CONNEG group and partly overlaps with IPP.
Seems to have been made mostly by people from the IFAX group. Is more
aligned with the Printer MIB than with IPP.

- Content Feature Tag Registration Procedure
	ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-conneg-feature-reg-00.txt

This is a companion draft to the previous one from the CONNEG group.

---

If you are interested in discussing details in these documents, please read
them before the phone conference. The phone-in information is: