Kris Schoff kschoff at hpb18423.boi.hp.com
Fri Apr 24 19:41:29 EDT 1998

Scott,

I would be very interested in tunneling SNMP OID's through IPP for
printer management.  It seems like a very reasonable concept to do and
it could allow for the enabling of millions of printers in existence
today.  I'd like to see you continue your effort within IPP.

I am still a proponent that IPP was intended to become a universal,
catch-all printing protocol - which is why I am not on the SDP mailing
list.  By definition of "Server-to-Device", it would seem as if the
client is already being left out.  I could have sworn that some people
within the IPP WG were trying to limit the number of protocols that
needed to be implemented....

Kris Schoff