IPP> New IPP Model Document

Turner, Randy rturner at sharplabs.com
Fri May 29 18:06:25 EDT 1998

Absolutely, I see the advantage of having the IPP information take
precedence, I'm just not sure of the impact of having the two headers
(HTTP and IPP-body) be different, and actually getting this to work in a
CGI/NSAPI/ISAPI-based implementation.

The generic web server will dispatch to the HTTP header-specified URI
(I'm assuming, someone correct me if this is not the case). Once this
dispatch occurs, the target in the HTTP header better be able to handle
whatever is coming in the application/ipp body part. In this scenario,
its too late to apply any precedence.

Has someone identified a case where the two headers have to be
different? (I may have missed some email...)

Randy