IPP> review of IPP documents

Paul Moore paulmo at microsoft.com
Fri May 29 19:20:18 EDT 1998

We can recommend a different port. The point is that people can still use
port 80.

Making it a new method FORCES the protocol to be different and hence
detectable by firewalls (the merit of this I am not discussing).

The point was that we used HTTP so that it would go through proxies
(definitely a good thing) as much as going through firewalls (debatable).
Many proxies only carry port 80.