Carl Kugler kugler at us.ibm.com
Mon Jun 8 11:50:04 EDT 1998

> The two lines refering to printer-uri and job-uri that you included both say
> that they (the URIs) are operation attributes. Yet you say that you propose
> that they are no longer operation attributes BUT should still retain their
> 'special position'. If the only 'special position' is that they are
> operation attributes then surely this is a contradictory statement.

No, the "special position" is "outside of  the operation layer as the request-URI on the Request-Line at the HTTP level."  Currently, PRO says the target SHALL also be an operation attribute.

In my proposal, the target SHALL NOT appear as an operation attribute.  It is only specified as the HTTP request-URI.