IPP> IETF Process

Manros, Carl-Uno B cmanros at cp10.es.xerox.com
Fri Jul 17 13:54:29 EDT 1998

Don,

I have checked this with Keith earlier. The IETF process does not call
for a formal Last Call either in the WG or in the IESG, once the IESG
approval process is underway. However, it is still appropriate to check
the level of WG consensus after we have the final texts.

In the end, the IESG has the final say. You can dispute an IESG decision
by taking it to the IAB, but I doubt that it would bring much in our
case. If nothing else, that would ensure that the standard gets delayed
even further.

Carl-Uno