No subject

HPARRA at novell.com HPARRA at novell.com
Thu Aug 6 14:37:29 EDT 1998

>From ipp-owner at pwg.org Thu Aug 06 18:50:36 1998
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 11:43:02 -0600
From: "Hugo Parra" <HPARRA at novell.com>
To: <ipp at pwg.org>
Subject: Re: IPP> TES - IPP Test Tools
Sender: owner-ipp at pwg.org

I had some trouble running the Xerox IPP Client Tool on my Win95 =
workstation, but finally found out what was wrong.  Here's what the =
matter was as an FYI.

Unzipping IPPClientV1_0.zip resulted in five new files.  One of them =
was IppClien.jar (not IppClient.jar - notice the 't' missing).  =
IppClient.bat expects IPPClient.jar to be in the local directory (not =
IppClien.jar).  Without it, the following error message gets reported:

"Can't find class com/xerox/ipp/client/gb"

Once I modified IppClient.bat to use IppClien.jar, the IPP Client =
loaded fine.  It is possible that it was my unzip tool that messed up =
the name of my files; I haven't had time to try a different tool to =
verify this but seems likely since Lexmark reported no problems running =
the client.

Cheers,
-Hugo

>>> "Carl-Uno Manros" <carl at manros.com> 08/05 7:54 AM >>>
All,

As indicated yesterday, the IPP tools are today officially released. If =
you
want to see the release note it can be found at:

	http://www.xerox.com/PR/nr980805.htm=20

Carl-Uno