FW: IPP> TES - IPP Test Tools

debecker at lexmark.com debecker at lexmark.com
Thu Aug 6 14:46:50 EDT 1998

I downloaded the zip file using Netscape Communicator 4.04 running on
Linux.  I used "unzip" to unzip the file, and all emerged with filenames
intact.  I did have to quickly write my own shell script to run the client,
since DOS batch files don't work in tcsh, but that's about it.

It doesn't make sense to me that the client used for downloading the zip
file could affect its contents in any case - the problem as originally
reported sounds like a classic DOS/Windows "8.3" file name limitation.

Phil DeBecker
Lexmark International

--------

I had the same problem after I downloaded the zip file using  Netscape
Communicator 4.04 running on NT 4.0.
Once I repeated the download and used Internet Explorer 4.0 and the
same unzip tools (I tested it with several tools to be sure) the Xerox
Client Tool came up.
I don't know if the problem is with the zip file or in Netscape
Communicator but if anyone has more information please let us know.

Thanks,
Yigal Banker (ybanker at ggx.com)