Carl Kugler kugler at us.ibm.com
Thu Oct 1 16:36:53 EDT 1998

One possiblity among many would be to use Xerox's freely available IPP client (http://www.xerox.com/research/ipp/).

> I'm concerned with using a Web browser to send
> an IPP request to the printer because I will
> be getting an HTTP packet with embedded IPP,
> probably over Port 80.  I would be expecting
> IPP traffic through Port 631.

I don't quite follow your question, but I would point out that the "document-uri" in a Print-URI request is a reference to the document data itself, not a reference to an IPP message.  Also, it doesn't have to be an HTTP url.  In fact, if you support Print-URI you must support FTP "document-uri"s (I have no idea why!).

-----
See the original message at http://www.egroups.com/list/ipp/?start=4545