Carl Kugler kugler at us.ibm.com
Tue Oct 6 12:36:37 EDT 1998

> See my comments under,
>
> >> My opinion is that the second proposal must be the right solution
> >> I.e.
> >>
> >> Then we have a consistent. When the requested attribute is
> >> 'requested-attributes'
> >> and the values e.g are 'printer-info' and 'printer-location', then I
> think,
> >> the IPP Printer should return the value it doesn't support. The same
> >> behavior as other
> >> attribute with unsupported attributes.
> >>
> >> /HOLST
> >>

> >In general, I agree that this is the right solution.  However, I'm
> concerned about the example >given.  I don't know what language it's in,
> but in IPP the syntax tag is applies to an individual >attribute value, not
> a whole attribute.  So it should be rewritten as
>
> >    attr-name='requested-attributes'
> >    value-tag=keyword
> >    attr-value='printer-info'
> >    value-tag=keyword
> >    attr-value='printer-location'
>

> I don't understand your concern about the language, because the values of
> the 'requested-attributes' is of the type 1setOfKeyword. A value with a
> 'keyword' type must
> be in en-us language and ascii character set. In the above example the
> response would
> in details looks like,
>
> value-tag=1setOfKeyword
> name-length=0x0014
> name='requested-attributes'
> value-length=0x000c
> value='printer-info'
> value-tag=1setOfKeyword
> name-length=0x0000
> value-length=0x0010
> value='printer-location'
>
> /HOLST

HOLST-

I like your new example much better.  To be really picky, I would point out that there really is no such thing as a '1setOfKeyword' value-tag, only 'keyword'.  Sorry to be so anal, I'm just striving for clarity here.

    -Carl

-----
See the original message at http://www.egroups.com/list/ipp/?start=4561