Hastings, Tom N hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Fri Oct 30 14:49:50 EST 1998

If we decide to keep the job-level NLO in Get-Jobs as in the June draft, we
have the following related issue to redundant natural language override at
the attribute level:

Can a Get-Jobs response redundantly return a job-level
"attributes-natural-language" (when not requested) which has the same
natural language as the job?  If yes, then it may be simpler for IPP Printer
implementations to ALWAYS add the "attributes-natural-language" in the
returned Job Attributes (first), whether the job is in that natural language
or not.

Since a client is supposed to be able to deal with job-level NLO according
to the June drafts, this redundancy would not be adding any more complexity
to the clients.

Comments?

Tom