IPP> Re: SLP Printer Service Template

Ira Mcdonald x10962 imcdonal at eso.mc.xerox.com
Thu Nov 5 20:18:16 EST 1998

Hi folks,

Good discussion.  James and Erik, thanks for pointing out to
make a specific string syntax which preserves the IPP ordered
lists for URI and their associated security modes.  Obviously,
the trick will be the selection of a delimiter that doesn't
badly conflict with the readability of the URI.

Yes, I agree that two separate attributes for speed are
suitable.  When we discussed this attribute at the IPP WG
telecon, we concluded that it meant "what marketing says
about this printer (your mileage may vary...)" for monochrome
(and now, per Angelo) and color optimal printing.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald
  High North Inc
  906-494-2434

PS - I fall off the network tomorrow for an indeterminate
period of time.  With luck, I return in about ten days
(after this workstation moves about 6 miles and Nancy and
I move about 1,000 miles).  Good luck reviewing the SLP
'printer:' template at the IPP WG next week.