IPP> draft-ietf-ipp-implementers-guide-00.txt 2.1.2.3

IPP> draft-ietf-ipp-implementers-guide-00.txt 2.1.2.3

Robert Herriot robert.herriot at Eng.Sun.COM
Wed Nov 18 16:36:27 EST 1998

I think that we have discussed this and other similar attributes before and
concluded that the wording needed to be that the error for a bad syntax type
was "client-error-bad-request"  and thus different from the error for a
value with the correct syntax type but too long The error for the second
case is 'client-error-request-value-too-long'.

Bob Herriot

At 09:24 AM 11/18/98 , Carl Kugler wrote:
>I don't think this is right:
>
>job-hold-until (type3 keyword | name)
>  IF NOT a single 'keyword' or 'name' value with a length less than or equal
to 255 octets, REJECT/RETURN 'client-error-request-value-too-long'.

>Suppose the object receives a request containing a "job-hold-until" attribute
containing a 'text' value one octet long.  The object returns
'client-error-request-value-too-long'?  Intuitively, that doesn't seem right,
since the request is not too long.

>This problem repeats itself in other tests in the guide that combine syntax
and length checks in the predicate.