IPP> MOD - Outside the box resolution for the two URIs

IPP> MOD - Outside the box resolution for the two URIs

Robert Herriot Robert.Herriot at Eng.Sun.COM
Tue Jan 6 22:40:53 EST 1998

You ask a question that I have wondered about too.  I think that
the attribute for the other URI is there "just in case" some
client needs it. But we aren't sure that any client will ever need it.

Perhaps our reasoning should instead be: "leave it out until we find a
problem needing this solution". In that case, we don't need either
printer-alt-uri or printer-uri-supported. Printer-uri suffices.

Bob Herriot