IPP> xml etc.

Carl-Uno Manros cmanros at cp10.es.xerox.com
Tue Jan 20 20:38:25 EST 1998

At 09:35 AM 1/19/98 PST, Paul Moore wrote:

>Specific technical points:-
>
>XML parser: There should be no problem in making a parser in < 50k. We have
>both java and c code that we might be able to share with people. A subset is
>possible - it looks like the final XML spec will allow for that.

Paul,

Here is my take on the paragraph above:

1) The current W3C XML proposal does not contain a way to define subsets.

2) The voting on the XML proposal closes today. The release date as an
   official W3C spec will depend on the votes and comments received from
   W3C members.

3) If W3C members have commented that they want to get a way of defining
   subsets in XML, the specs need to be enhanced and the ratification
   of it will be delayed for at least a few months.

So, either the XML specs will go ahead as is without the subset feature,
or you will not have an XML spec to reference until later.

Carl-Uno

Carl-Uno Manros
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: manros at cp10.es.xerox.com