IPP> PRO - Support for UTF16

don at lexmark.com don at lexmark.com
Fri Jan 23 12:46:08 EST 1998

Yes, we would be required to support both UTF8 and UTF16 in
just the way XML requires if we want to be able to say the IPP
uses XML.  If we only want to say that IPP uses XML-like
syntax than we could stray from that position.  Should we
decide to use XML, I don't think half a loaf is the right
way to go.

* Don Wright                 don at lexmark.com *
* Product Manager, Strategic Alliances       *
* Lexmark International                      *
* 740 New Circle Rd                          *
* Lexington, Ky 40550                        *
* 606-232-4808 (phone) 606-232-6740 (fax)    *