Tom Hastings hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Fri Feb 6 21:27:36 EST 1998

At 08:10 02/02/1998 PST, Carl Kugler wrote:
>Henrik-

snip...

>> 3.   How should a non-spooling IPP-server handle concurrent print-job
>> requests?
>
>Return server-error-service-unavailable (0x0502) to indicate that the
server is
>temporarily unable to handle a request.
>

>  -Carl
>
>---------------------- Forwarded by Carl Kugler/Boulder/IBM on 02/02/98 08:41

We also discussed that a server MAY keep a list of clients that are trying
to connect in a "queue", and then serve each one one at a time.  Then the
client doesn't receive an error (except if the "queue" is filled).  This
gives the end-user a much happier experience.

I think that both approaches should be put into the FAQ.

Tom