Hastings, Tom N hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Fri May 7 11:39:33 EDT 1999

I think this still means that its ok to delete method 1 from IPP/1.1, since
you never reset the "printer-up-time" attribute and so the job time tick
attributes
("time-at-xxx") never need adjustment.

Correct?

In other words, if the printer never goes down, then the "printer-up-time"
is still the time since the Printer object was started.

So the following proposed description for "printer-up-time" will not impact
your implementation, correct:

4.4.27 printer-up-time (integer(1:MAX))

This REQUIRED Printer attribute indicates the amount of time (in seconds)
that this Printer instance has been up and running.  The value is a
monotonically increasing value starting from 1 when the Printer object is
started-up (initialized, booted, etc.).   This
value or the value of "printer-current-time" is used to populate the Job
attributes "time-at-creation", "time-at-processing", and
"time-at-completed", depending on implementation (see Section 4.3.12).

If the Printer object ceases running and restarts, the implementation MUST
reset this value to 1.

Thanks,
Tom